Sunday, May 1, 2016

Weather Themed Writing and Crafts

 As part of our Nonfiction block and FOSS kit work, we have been learning about a variety of weather topics.    In the photo above, students wrote about what they would do if they were a meteorologist on TV.

"If I were a meteorologist, I will tell my class the weather and my parents."


 "If I were a meteorologist, I would tell the weather and I will tell when a storm is coming."


We read The Rain Came Down by David Shannon after learning about how a rain gauge works.  Then we wrote about what we like to do on a rainy day. 
 



After learning about the types of clouds in the sky, we read It Looked Like Spilt Milk  by Charles Green Shaw.  We looked at the clouds in the sky and what they can form, then we created some things we saw in the sky using shaving cream and glue.  The students enjoyed this activity!


 a flower


Jesus and a cross
 

a ghost

Thanks for stopping by!

~peace~
Mrs. Dryzal

No comments: