Sunday, February 10, 2013

Transformations Foldable

This week we learned about Transformations.  As part of our introduction, the students made the foldable above to add to ther interactive notebook. 
 The foldable is courtesy of Kate at To The Square Inch.

I teach five sessions of Math 6 everyday.  To keep things orderly, each team was given a bag with the prepared cut-out shapes, brads and paper clips.    One student was the team leader and distributed the items to his/her teammates.  Once the students had the materials, we added them to the inside of the foldable, then identified each type of transformation.  In the days following, the students have referenced the foldable while working and reviewing.  The connections that they make to the foldable made it a very worthwhile activity. 
 

Inside view

 


Thank you for stopping by!
~peace~
Mrs. Dryzal

1 comment:

Controlling My Chaos said...

I love this foldable. I wish I had seen it two weeks ago when I was getting ready to teach transformations. I just gave the test yesterday, so I will save this for next year. Thank you!